7 - Topic Exchange Wildcard Routing
Reported by mjeung (1221003830|%O ago)
Experimenting with the topic exchange, I ran into some routing behavior that seemed wrong:
- I have a queue bound to a topic exchange with the binding key of "test.#".
- I then send a message to the topic exchange with a routing key of "abcd.efgh".
- Even though the routing key doesn't look like it should match the binding key, the message still ends up in the arrived queue.
Easy to reproduce with the im_sender and im_receiver tutorials.
No files attached to this page.
Edit | Files | Tags | Print
Who's following this issue?
Submitted by mjeung
Use one of these tags to say what kind of issue it is:
- issue - a fault in the software or the packaging or the documentation.
- change - a change or feature request.
Use one of these tags to say what state the issue is in:
- open - a new, open issue.
- closed - issue has been closed.
- rejected - the issue has been rejected.
Use one of these tags to say how urgent the issue is:
- fatal - the issue is stopping all work.
- urgent - it's urgent.