51 - Use syslog for logging
Reported by Allan Wind (1235103564|%O ago)
Please consider support for syslog as a log destination. With some of the advanced syslog daemons like syslog-ng it gives you a lot of options like real-time filtering, or remote logging. Unix systems always have syslog available, so it solves some of the questions that was raised about packaging on Debian.
lighttpd implements this nicely in case you want a working model.
No files attached to this page.
Edit | Files | Tags | Print
Who's following this issue?
Submitted by Allan Wind
Use one of these tags to say what kind of issue it is:
- issue - a fault in the software or the packaging or the documentation.
- change - a change or feature request.
Use one of these tags to say what state the issue is in:
- open - a new, open issue.
- closed - issue has been closed.
- rejected - the issue has been rejected.
Use one of these tags to say how urgent the issue is:
- fatal - the issue is stopping all work.
- urgent - it's urgent.