4 - Failover not working properly
Reported by pieterh (1219781322|%O ago)
The failover code in 1.2d0 contains a bug whereby the backup peer falsely thinks the primary has disappeared, and then accepts client connections. From that point the high-availability pair is broken. There is no workaround in 1.2d0, but there is a patch that fixes the problem (two lines need deleting):
// Send state notification to failover peer, if peer is alive
- if (self->last_peer_time == 0
- || smt_time_now () - self->last_peer_time <= self->timeout)
No files attached to this page.
Edit | Files | Tags | Print
Who's following this issue?
Submitted by pieterh
Use one of these tags to say what kind of issue it is:
- issue - a fault in the software or the packaging or the documentation.
- change - a change or feature request.
Use one of these tags to say what state the issue is in:
- open - a new, open issue.
- closed - issue has been closed.
- rejected - the issue has been rejected.
Use one of these tags to say how urgent the issue is:
- fatal - the issue is stopping all work.
- urgent - it's urgent.