21 - High-availability too complex
Reported by pieterh (1223316149|%O ago)
Right now, to run a HA pair you need to start both primary and backup servers. It would be better if the primary server, running alone, could already accept connections. This would let sysadmins recover from (bad) crashes by running just the primary server. Today they need to modify the config first to disable failover.
No files attached to this page.
Edit | Files | Tags | Print
Who's following this issue?
Submitted by pieterh
Use one of these tags to say what kind of issue it is:
- issue - a fault in the software or the packaging or the documentation.
- change - a change or feature request.
Use one of these tags to say what state the issue is in:
- open - a new, open issue.
- closed - issue has been closed.
- rejected - the issue has been rejected.
Use one of these tags to say how urgent the issue is:
- fatal - the issue is stopping all work.
- urgent - it's urgent.