This is a beta release of the OpenAMQ JMS layer. The code is robust and well tested but has one or two known issues. This package is not yet distributed with the main OpenAMQ code.
The OpenAMQ/JMS distribution is subject to the following BSD-style license, with certain exceptions, as detailed below.
Copyright (c) 2007, iMatix Corporation, All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the iMatix Corporation nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The third-party binary packages distributed with OpenAMQ/JMS in the lib directory of this distribution are subject to their own licenses:
- Apache Commons Collections - http://commons.apache.org/collections/
- Java Messaging Service - http://java.sun.com/products/jms/
- JUnit - http://www.junit.org/
- Apache log4j - http://logging.apache.org/log4j/
- Apache MINA - http://mina.apache.org/
- SAXON - http://saxon.sourceforge.net/
- SFL4J - http://www.slf4j.org/
- backport-util-concurrent - http://backport-jsr166.sourceforge.net/
You need a current OpenAMQ release built and working. To build and test, follow the instructions in the readme.txt file.
The JMS client sends a "200" response on Connection.Close (and maybe Channel.Close). OpenAMQ expects a "100" response. This causes non-fatal warnings in the OpenAMQ broker.
Please report issues to the openamq-dev list.
To unpack on Windows, use "unzip -a OpenAMQ_JMS_1.0b0.zip".
Pieter Hintjens <moc.xitami|hp#moc.xitami|hp>